You’ve sent your letters, notes and cards and now it’s time to PICK UP THE PHONE! Never fear – a phone track is here!
Here’s some sample dialogues to get you started!
1. Ask a question:
The question is designed to get them INVOLVED in the conversation.
- Did you receive the letter I sent?
- Did you receive the flyer on the new lead generation program we implemented for our agents?
- Did you receive your invitation to our special event/educational event that is coming up?
- This time of year many agents re-evaluate where they are and consider what options they might have. Is there a chance that you’re thinking of making a move or at least considering what your options are?
2. Tell them why you’re calling
The reason I’m calling is…
- As you can see from my letter, we have dramatically increased our market position this year, creating more opportunities for our agents and even a few more. We’re looking for two million dollar producers who want to become three or four million dollar producers. Does that sound like you?
- As you can see from my flyer, our unique system currently generates an average of 60 additional leads per month for our agents. In fact, that’s why I’m calling. We need two or three additional agents who are good at converting leads into appointments. Does that sound like you?
- Normally, our educational events are for our agents only. However since we have a few extra tickets, we thought we would offer them to those agents who have sold one of our listings this year, just as our way of saying thanks! Will you be able to attend? Is there another agent from your office you’d like to invite as a guest?
- Many top producers do want to at least know their options, even if they are happy where they are now. If you are contemplating a move in the near future, it’s a good time to talk. Can we get together so I can share what we are doing to help agents get much more from their career?
3. Ask questions to determine their main area of concern:
Your questions should center on the reason for your call. As long as I’ve got you on the phone, let me ask you something…
- What is your level of production currently? Do you have a plan in place to increase it? (If they have a plan, ask if their broker helped them develop it.)
- What system has your company put in place to generate leads for you?
- Have you ever heard (speaker name) speak? Who is your favorite speaker?
- If you were to make a move, what would you be looking for in a company?
- Based on the change that just took place, how do you see that affecting you?
4. If they show any interest, use a sharp angle close to get them in:
- If you knew that as a direct result of the additional leads that we could provide you with, you could increase your income by $20,000-$30,000 per year, would you at least want to learn more about that?
- If you knew that our increased market presence could dramatically increase your income next year by $20,000-$30,000 more – would you at least want to learn more about how that might affect you?
- If you knew getting all the calls off all your listings could put an extra $30,000 in your pocket per year, would you want to know more?
- If you knew, for a fact, that coming over to our office would increase your annual income by $30,000-40,000 per year, and we could prove it – would you like to find out how?
5. Close for the appointment:
Let’s do this, why don’t we get together later on today at our office – how about 4:00?
ALWAYS close for the appointment at the office. Any agent who will come into the office is a hirable agent. The next best place (if they resist the office) is their home.
No problem, most agents prefer the privacy of their own home. In fact, if you would like to have a friend or spouse there as well to give input, I don’t mind.
If you have to meet at a restaurant, that’s fine. Arrive early, tip the wait staff well and explain that you will be discussing business. Ask for a quiet table, a pitcher of water, coffee, etc. and as few interruptions as possible.
In the event you get tied up and can’t make the appointment, let’s go ahead and set a back-up appointment. When would the next available time slot in that you have open in case you can’t make it today at 4:00?